Who We Are
What Data We Collect
- When you contact us, either verbally by email, letter or text we may ask for your full name and full contact details. We may need to gather other personal and sensitive data from you such as employment history/salary/photographic evidence of identity/health/disabilities/ethnic origin/criminal convictions and similar information.
- You may also give us information about another person, with that persons authority.
- We process your data to provide our services to you, or for legitimate interests, this means we may need to share your personal data to third parties for the benefit of our services to you.
- We only process your data for as long as we need to, and then we delete it.
- We do not sell or share your data with others unless they are providing a service to us or unless you ask us to share your data or under legitimate reasons/circumstances.
- We do not market to you without your consent and, if you give us your consent, you can withdraw it at any time.
- We do not share your data outside the EEA (European Economic Area).
- We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about users means of connection to our website, such as the operating system and the internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How We Process Your Data
Throughout your interactions with us we will collect only the data that we require in order to provide you with the service that you are requesting.
We gather this information to allow us to process your enquiry/registration or any other property service or offers you undertake with us. The relevant information is then used by us and any subcontractors to provide our services requested by you and to communicate with you on any matter relating to your request or enquiry or business dealings with Cirencester Sales and Lettings Ltd.
There may be some occasions and circumstances where we need to share data with others as part of our services to you, for example:
Sharing your details with contractors/solicitors/vendors/landlords/utility providers.
In an emergency to protect your interests, the list is not exhaustive.
When you sign up, we need to know your full name so that you can be identified. We will use your name to address you and it may be stored in various systems that we use. This is necessary to provide our service to you.
Your name will be retained until your user account is deleted. In some cases, your name may be kept with your billing records where we have a legal obligation to store this information.
E-mail Address and Mobile
We will store your email address and mobile telephone number for the purposes of managing our services to you. This will be used for transactional emails and or text messages that relate directly to your interests. This information is required in order to ensure you are informed about your interests.
We may also use your email address to send you messages about our services which may include notifications about newly launched features, improvements to the service, upcoming maintenance as well as ways to help you make the most of our services. If you would rather not receive these messages, please let us know.
Your email address and telephone number will be retained until your user account is deleted. In some cases, your name may be kept with your billing records where we have a legal obligation to store this information.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected, or as required by law or regulation.
Support by Email
If you contact us by email or through our website, you will be sharing your contact details (email address and/or phone number) with us for the purposes of responding to your query. This is necessary to provide our service to you.
Retention: We retain all support requests (including name and contact details) that we receive for the purposes of our services to you.
Removal of Your Personal Data
In some cases, you may be able to request that we remove your personal data from our systems. As with correcting your data, you can often delete your data yourselves through our applications/emails. In other cases, though, please feel free to contact us directly to update your preferences.
Electronic Storage Of Data
No method of electronic storage can be 100% secure, although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Our Lawful Basis for Data Processing
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, unless we have otherwise specified above, we will be processing your data as a legitimate interest. These interests include staff training, ensuring the security of our systems and to allow us to operate our business in an efficient manner. Where our processing is based on consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. Where our processing is necessary for us to perform our contract with you, or to take steps to enter into a contract with you, we will not be able to enter into a contract with you or deliver our services to you if you do not give us the data in question.
Disclosure Of Information To Law Enforcement Agencies
We may disclose your information if we are requested to by any law enforcement agency where we believe we are required to comply with the request under any applicable laws.
Data Protection Authority
You may have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the United Kingdom (our authority). The ICO can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Other information can be found on their website at ico.gov.uk.